THANK YOU FOR YOUR GRACIOUS SUPPORT!
Did you know:
Childhood cancer facts:
- There are about 10,000 children living with cancer in Canada today;
- Each year, about 1500 cases are diagnosed;
- Because of advances in therapy, 78% of these children will survive 5 years
beyond their initial treatment, an increase of almost 46% since the 1960s;
- In the early 1950s, less than 10 percent of childhood cancer patients could be cured;
- Leukaemias, tumours of the brain, nervous/lymphatic system, kidneys, and cancers of the bones and muscles are the most common forms of childhood cancer;
- In Canada, childhood cancer remains responsible for more deaths than any
other disease of children from the age of one year through adolescence;
- Leukaemia is the most commonly-diagnosed cancer in children, comprising some 30% of the total new cases diagnosed each year.
Childhood Cancer Canada http://www.childhoodcancer.ca/
St-Baldrick’s Foundation http://www.stbaldricks.org/about-childhood-cancer/
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.