3rd Annual Focus on Diabetes 2019 Conference
Goal: To gain a deeper understanding of diabetes to have a positive impact on your practice.
Target Audience: RN, RPN, NP, CNS, RD, Pharmacist, Kinesiologist, Social Work, Speech Language Pathologist, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist
Location: Carmen’s Banquet Hall, 1520 Stonechurch Road East, Hamilton
Date: May 1, 2019: Registration 4:45 pm -- Start 5:15 pm
Cost: $25 (non-refundable) Includes Dinner
By the end of this evening session, the participants will be able to:
- Network with colleagues and experts in the field of Diabetes.
- List contributing factors of anatomy and physiology in diabetes management.
- Identify how insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors and ambulatory glucose profiles assist with diabetes management.
- Describe how at least one dietary approach assists our patients to control blood glucose levels.
- List where to access tools from Diabetes Canada and other resources
4:45 – 5:15: Registration and visit sponsor booths
5:15 – 5:45: Anatomy and Physiology of diabetes & relation to oral anti-hyperglycemic agents (Lisa Maks, Diabetes CNS)
5:45 – 6:45: Keynote: Insulin pumps, Continuous glucose monitors, Ambulatory glucose profile (Lorraine Anderson, RD)
6:45 – 7:15: Visit sponsor booths
7:15 – 8:00: Novel dietary approaches to diabetes management (Yvonne Mullan, RD)
8:00 – 8:20: Diabetes Canada website and resource review (Cynthia Iamarino, Diabetes CNS)
8:20 – 8:30: Wrap up and evaluation
Contact Lisa Maks: email@example.com